|“||I have been programmed to desire your image.||”|
— 1st Prize's rare quote while idle.
It is similar in function to Gotta Sweep in that it can push the Player around the school. However, there are many differences between 1st Prize and Gotta Sweep: 1st Prize is always active, while Gotta Sweep is only active part of the time, frequently visiting the closet. Also, 1st Prize always goes for the protagonist, while Gotta Sweep follows its own pathing. It is in some aspects both an obstacle and a helper to the protagonist.
1st Prize is a poorly modeled CGI robot with an aqua/turquoise-colored "gym cage" as a body with caterpillar wheels, round hands each sporting five stubby fingers, and a large crimson heart connected to its head by wires inside its torso. Its spherical head has a rectangular mouth and cut out section revealing large googly eyes with extremely long pointy pupils.
1st Prize is a loving robot who loves to hug, showing that it's compassionate towards others. It doesn’t like when it loses someone. 1st Prize thinks that everyone is its friend. 1st Prize is very loving since it always asks the protagonist to marry it.
Overall, 1st Prize is a compassionate and loving robot that wants to be everyone's friend, and doesn't like to be avoided.
MechanicsWhen 1st Prize notices the protagonist, it will turn around very slowly until it is facing them and then accelerates forward, pushing anyone, with the exception of Gotta Sweep and It's a Bully, down the corridor, and straight into Playtime or Baldi. If the player uses Safety Scissors on 1st Prize to cut its wires, it will slow down and spin around for 15 seconds before returning to its normal, functioning state.
1st Prize can be used to push the protagonist across the hall, which can help to escape Baldi. 1st Prize can also interrupt Playtime's mini-game by pushing the player down the hall while they're jump roping, but it can also be a hindrance, in that it turns very slowly, and it can smash the player up against the wall, blocking their sight.
- Being the first new character introduced for the Game Jam edition where it first appears, it was first added in update version 1.3.
- 1st Prize is the first character to have a complete 360° view, meaning it can be seen in multiple angles in-game. It takes a total of 24 seconds for 1st Prize to make a full 360 turn.
- 1st Prize will spawn in the dark hallway where the short Baldi comics are at. It was revealed with hacking when getting the first wrong answer from 1-2 notebooks.
- 1st Prize is the first and only character that talks in text-to-speech. As it sounds robotic, it is somewhat resembles the famous physicist Stephen Hawking.
- It is unknown how 1st Prize recovers from the Safety Scissors.
|"I am coming; ready or not, here I come."||When noticing the Player.|
|"I see you! Friend!"||When noticing the Player.|
|"I have lost you. I don't like that."||When the Player gets away.|
|"Oh. No."||When the Player gets away.|
|"I hug people for all eternity."||While pushing the Player.|
|"Will you marry me?"||While pushing the Player.|
|"I am looking for you."||While idle. (Rarely)|
|"I have been programmed to desire your image."||While idle. (Rarely)|
Here School members
Field Trip-only characters
Easter Egg characters
|Mentioned Characters • Cut Characters|