BSODA is a navy blue can with white text saying the slogan: "Restart_ Refresh_ BSODA".
It has a grey top and bottom like a normal aluminum can.
BSODA can push almost all characters in-game. It's a Bully and Filename2 are the only exceptions. When used, it spits out a blue spray that has same color as the can. If the player presses space and look backwards, they can actually spray the BSODA behind them.
- BSODA is one of the items first introduced in the Game Jam edition.
- BSODA is similar to Gotta Sweep and 1st Prize. The difference between the three is that BSODA is an item the player can use to push characters and other items, while Gotta Sweep and 1st Prize are characters which can push the player and other characters.
- The BSODA can be used to temporarily stall Baldi.
- The BSODA possibly references a Blue Screen of Death, a screen displayed when a critical error occurs on a Windows OS.
- The slogan further reflects this.
- The acronym for blue screen of death, BSoD, is the basis of the spelling of BSODA.
- BSODA can be used to open doors.
- BSODA will last until the character being pushed by it runs into a wall (which the spray can go through them). (or until 30 seconds pass).
- Prior to V1.3, the sound of opening up the BSODA was not implemented.
- In a couple of the earliest versions of the game, the BSODA would pass right through Baldi instead of pushing him back. In a later version, this was fixed.
- BSODA does affect the Principal of the Thing if the player tries to use it on him. He will still say "No drinking drinks in the halls", making the BSODA spray stall until the player gets detention.