|This page might contain potential spoilers for Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning. Please play the game before reading this page!|
- For other uses, see Baldi (disambiguation).
|“||Learn with Baldi in his fully 3D interactive schoolhouse! ...Just don't get any questions wrong.||”|
Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning (which is also known as Baldi's Basics for short, or BBIEaL) is an indie, 1990s-throwback, "horror-type", surrealistic edutainment game by Mystman12.
The main inspiration of Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning is '90s edutainment game genre which includes titles (such as Sonic's Schoolhouse, I.M. Meen, 3D Dinosaur Adventure: Save the Dinosaurs), as well as pulling "the game is not what it seems" gimmick.
On July 24th, a kickstarter was launched, made to have Baldi's Basics be a full game. After the game's Kickstarter successfully reaches over above $50,000 goals ($61,375 by 2,176 backers), the full game itself start its development and scheduled to be released on either late 2019 or early 2020.
It is currently confirmed that the full game will have the Here School as a towering building (referencing the children's book series Wayside School) with a usage of an elevator, over currently 25 new characters (such as Dr. Reflex, an unnamed character that can only move without being observed, and another unnamed character based on the dead meme) along with 10 returning characters, randomly generated maps, new subjects, additional events, new items, field trips, and plenty of more new features. It is also confirmed that the item inventory will have 5 slots instead of just 3 while having a separated inventory to keep Quarters.
- The number 99 is seen and heard over several times; All classroom doors are printed with "99", Principal of the Thing always give 99 seconds when sending the player to detention for the fifth and onward times, a rare number 99 (cropped) will sometimes appear in the game over screen and jumpscare with a distorted noise before crashing the game, a hidden "THIS PROGRAM IS CANCER" chalkboard written with a bunch of 99 scribbles as briefly seen while searching the fourth exit, and one of the rare trees in the camping field trip has 99 carved on the wood. The music track "99" (which sounds rather menacing out of all tracks) is also used for the full game's Kickstarter video, for the scene where Mystman's trying to back hold laughing then burst out a maniacal laughter but quickly cutting to a brief-limited shaking scene with a glitched, T-posing person and a loud industrial noise playing. This is either most likely a nod to the edutainment genre which grew popular in the early to late '90s, or has a rather mysterious yet darker/sinister meaning that is yet to be revealed for the full game's release.
- The classic game's graphics menu is the option 1999 revealed in its pre-1.4V update.
- This game was an entry in the annual Meta-Game Jam, that received 2nd place in the Meta-Game Jam's Top 5 Games.
- The game is in 3D world mostly made of 2D objects. Desks, lockers, chairs, tables, Zesty Machine, and the BSODA Machine are the only 3D models.
- The game became part of a game chain that contains other popular games. Baldi's Basics is commonly crossed over with games of that chain.
Future version updates coming soon