|“||GOTTA SWEEP SWEEP SWEEP!||”|
— Gotta Sweep
Gotta Sweep (or simply the broom) is a character in Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning. It is a large broom that resides in a small room in the school that will occasionally go around the school sweeping the school including the characters.
Gotta Sweep's vocal lines are all loud and distorted, largely due to the voice actor yelling into the microphone.
Gotta Sweep is simply looks like a giant green broom with green and gray bristles and a white cap. It has a yellow strip of tape that covers half of the broom.
While Gotta Sweep is based on a real photo-cropped broom, it appears photo shopped with its handle top shortened a little, and the bristle areas stretched in width for a result of distorting edit.
While Gotta Sweep obviously loves its work, Gotta Sweep is also an insubordinate and a chaotic neutral character. While it can accidentally help or hinder students, it is often more of a hindrance than a help for its co-workers (Baldi and the Principal of the Thing). It sweeps, not because it is supposed to, but because it wants to, and doesn't care if it helps or bothers others. While it is unclear why it loves sweeping, it is very possible it consumes what it sweeps as nourishment. In short, it isn't mindful, it might be possible it only cares about itself.
MechanicsGotta Sweep will start off in the Janitor's Closet, sitting still and doing nothing. Interacting with it makes it yell: "GOTTA SWEEP SWEEP SWEEP!" However, after a while, Gotta Sweep will start moving and yell: "LOOKS LIKE IT'S SWEEPIN' TIME!", before dashing around the halls, and sweeping virtually everything in its path.
As it sweeps the school, it will move very fast before afterward going back to its room when finished. Gotta Sweep will push the characters and even possibly take them along with its path, if they get in his way, excluding It's a Bully. This can either be helpful or harmful as Gotta Sweep may push the player either away from or closer to Baldi and other characters.
Gotta Sweep will not sweep the school until two minutes and thirty seconds pass after completing the second notebook. Sweeping the school takes a total of thirty seconds. Once it returns to the closet, it will not reappear for another two minutes.
- 1st Prize is similar to Gotta Sweep, as they can both push the player. However, both behave in different ways.
- Gotta Sweep does not usually target anyone, while 1st Prize only targets the protagonist.
- Gotta Sweep always starts at an alarmingly fast speed, while 1st Prize starts at a usually slow rate but then picks up speed when accelerating.
- Gotta Sweep turns around very quickly, while 1st Prize takes a while to turn around.
- Sometimes, Gotta Sweep will yell "GOTTA SWEEP SWEEP SWEEP!" but not actually begin sweeping around. This mainly happens if the Player comes across Gotta Sweep in its closet.
- Additionally, Gotta Sweep may yell GOTTA SWEEP SWEEP SWEEP! multiple times in quick succession.
- Gotta Sweep is actually based on mystman12's broom seen in his Twitter post. This same post also hints that its description is based on the reason for it being a broom.
- Gotta Sweep's voice lines can sometimes be heard in a higher or lower pitch.
- This may be because of the doppler effect.
- It is the only NPC in the game without a face.
- It is the only entity that resembles a real object. Arts and Crafters may or may not share this trait, on the other hand.
- It is the character who has the second-least amount of quotes in this game, containing only 2.
- Gotta Sweep and Baldi are mystman12's favorite characters.
- Gotta Sweep was supposed to be a human, but was made only a broom because of the time limit to enter the game into Game Jam.
- If the player goes behind Gotta Sweep in the closet while it is inactive, Baldi can actually be slowed or stopped so the player can have time to walk past him.
- Another glitch can occur where 1st Prize and Gotta Sweep will both push the player, causing Gotta Sweep to get stuck inside 1st Prize and ejecting. As of now, the only known way to fix this glitch is to exit the game.
- Gotta Sweep's hit box is so large that it can sweep the player if there's a thin wall in between them. this can most easily be seen in the back of the detention room.
|(Warning: LOUD) LOOKS LIKE IT'S SWEEPIN' TIME!||Plays when Gotta Sweep leaves the Janitor's Closet.|
|(Warning: LOUD) GOTTA SWEEP SWEEP SWEEP!||Plays when the player opens the Janitor's Closet, or when Gotta Sweep pushes any character (excluding It's a Bully).|
- ↑ https://twitter.com/mystman12/status/979898684543504385
- ↑ http://gamingtrend.com/feature/interviews/you-call-hamburgers-steamed-hams-baldis-basics-in-education-and-learning-creator-on-development-burgers/
Here School Members