|“||GOTTA SWEEP SWEEP SWEEP!||”|
— Gotta Sweep
Gotta Sweep is a character in Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning. It is a large broom that resides in a small room in the school that will occasionally go around Here School sweeping the school including the characters.
Gotta Sweep's vocal lines are all loud and distorted, largely due to the voice actor yelling into the microphone.
Gotta Sweep simply looks like a giant green angle broom with choppy-edged, dark-colored bristles and a white cap. It has a brown strip (yellow due to light dithering effect) of tape that covers half of the broom, with two stickers (white and red) from the top.
While Gotta Sweep is based on a real photo-cropped broom, it appears photo shopped with its handle top shortened a little, brightened and contrasted for supposed clarity, and the bristle areas stretched in width for a result of distorting edit.
While Gotta Sweep obviously loves its work, Gotta Sweep is also an insubordinate and a chaotic neutral character. While it can accidentally help or hinder students, it is often more of a hindrance than a help for its co-workers (Baldi and the Principal of the Thing). It sweeps, not because it is supposed to, but because it wants to, and doesn't care if it helps or bothers others. While it is unclear why it loves sweeping, it is very possible it consumes what it sweeps as nourishment. In short, it isn't mindful, it might be possible it only cares about itself.
MechanicsGotta Sweep will start off in the Janitor's Closet, sitting still and doing nothing. Interacting with it makes it yell: "GOTTA SWEEP SWEEP SWEEP!" However, after a while, Gotta Sweep will start moving and yell: "LOOKS LIKE IT'S SWEEPIN' TIME!", before dashing around the halls, and sweeping virtually everything in its path.
As it sweeps the school, it will move very fast before afterward going back to its room when finished. Gotta Sweep will push the characters and even possibly take them along with its path, if they get in his way, excluding It's a Bully. This can either be helpful or harmful as Gotta Sweep may push the player either away from or closer to Baldi and other characters. It mainly focus on sweeping every hallways in track but the Principal's Office and the Cafeteria.
Gotta Sweep will not sweep the school until two minutes and thirty seconds pass after completing the second notebook. Sweeping the school takes a total of thirty seconds. Once it returns to the closet, it will not reappear for another two minutes.
- Gotta Sweep is one of the characters first introduced in the game's Game Jam edition.
- Upon teleporting to the Janitor's Closet with hacks during the start of the game, Gotta Sweep was not visibly there. He will only spawn when getting an answer wrong from 1-2 notebooks.
- In previous updates until Game Jam's patch V1.4, Gotta Sweep's sprite is slightly different with its bristles colored green and lighter-gray in half. Despite its redesign for the said update, its profile image in the Principal's Office was left unchanged until in V1.4.1 update.
- Sometimes, Gotta Sweep will yell "GOTTA SWEEP SWEEP SWEEP!" but not actually begin sweeping around. This mainly happens if the Player comes across Gotta Sweep in its closet. Walking towards Gotta Sweep will cause the Player's movement to slow down. If the Player goes behind Gotta Sweep in the closet while it is inactive, Baldi can actually be slowed or stopped so the Player can have time to walk past him.
- Additionally, Gotta Sweep may yell GOTTA SWEEP SWEEP SWEEP! multiple times in quick succession.
- Gotta Sweep is actually based on mystman12's broom seen in his Twitter post. This same post also hints that its description is based on the reason for it being a broom.
- Gotta Sweep's voice lines can sometimes be heard in a higher or lower pitch.
- This may be because of the doppler effect.
- It is the character who has the second-least amount of quotes in this game, containing only 2.
- Gotta Sweep and Baldi are mystman12's favorite characters.
- Gotta Sweep was supposed to be a human, but was made only a broom because of the time limit to enter the game into Game Jam.
- A glitch can occur where 1st Prize and Gotta Sweep will both push the player, causing Gotta Sweep to get stuck inside 1st Prize and ejecting. As of now, the only known way to fix this glitch is to exit the game.
- Gotta Sweep's hit box is so large that it can sweep the player if there's a thin wall in between them. This can most easily be seen in the back of the detention room.
|LOOKS LIKE IT'S SWEEPIN' TIME!||Plays when Gotta Sweep leaves the Janitor's Closet.
|GOTTA SWEEP SWEEP SWEEP!||Plays when the Player touches Gotta Sweep, or when Gotta Sweep pushes any character (excluding It's a Bully).
- ↑ "I didn't want it to be a carbon copy of the Libman Precision Angle Broom, so I tweaked Gotta Sweep a bit." - Mystman12. November 20, 2018. Twitter.
- ↑ "When time is running out and you have no idea what art style to make the janitor. "I'll just make it a broom." #MetaGameJam" - Mystman12. March 30, 2018. Twitter
- ↑ "I think Baldi would have to be my favorite, since that’s a character I made up years ago, but I think besides that I would have to go with Gotta Sweep." -- INTERVIEWS You call hamburgers steamed hams — Baldi’s Basics in Education and Learning creator on development, burgers
Here School members
Field Trip-only characters
Easter Egg characters
|Mentioned Characters • Cut Characters|