|“||You did great! Come here and get your prize! A shiny quarter!||”|
The Quarter is an item the protagonist can obtain after successfully completing Baldi's first three math problems from the beginning of Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning, and obtaining the first notebook.
It's a shiny grey coin with a face on it (George Washington), appearing to be identical to a U.S. quarter.
Mechanics / UsesThe Quarter, while looking useless, can actually be used for:
- Purchasing BSODA from the BSODA Machine to push back Baldi, the Principal of the Thing, Gotta Sweep, Playtime and Arts and Crafters.
- Bribing It's a Bully to open the path he's blocking, teleporting him to a new location to block a new path.
- Using the Noise Phone to bait Baldi to the source of the noise or away from it.
- Purchasing Energy Flavored Zesty Bars from the Zesty Machine in one of the Faculty Rooms to gain unlimited Stamina for a short period of time.
The Quarter can also be found in every hallway randomly.
- The Quarter is the first item encountered in the game, provided you answered each question of the first notebook right.
- The Quarter and the Safety Scissors are the only items to have multiple uses.
- Before V1.3, there were only 2 quarters the player could obtain.
- Baldi calls the Quarter 'A Shiny Quarter'.