Safety Scissors is an item found in Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning. It can be found in classrooms alongside a poster explaining what the Safety Scissors do, saying that they are used to cut paper, jump ropes, wiring, and homework.
Safety Scissors are a pair of pink scissors with symmetrical circular finger holes and oval-shaped plastic blades similar to actual safety scissors.
Mechanics / Uses
- They are able to cut Playtime's rope and skip her mini-game.
- When the scissors are used on Playtime's skipping rope, her smile will turn into a frown. She will then say "Aww - That makes me sad!" She won't be able to play with you for a while when you cut the rope.
- The player can also cut 1st Prize's wires to cause it to malfunction and spin for 15 seconds which prevents it from pushing you.
- Both of these actions are what qualifies as "bullying", thus, doing them will get the player in detention when the Principal of the Thing is nearby.
- Safety Scissors should typically be used on Playtime due to her being a large obstacle - although it's also a good idea to use them on 1st Prize when absolutely necessary.
- The Safety Scissors were added in V1.3.
- Playtime only recovers from the Safety Scissors next to a locker, implying that she replaces her broken jump rope with another.
- However, it is unknown how 1st Prize recovers from the Safety Scissors.