The Stamina GUI moves outside the hallway where you see the splash screen, along with the item GUI, and the notebooks GUI. This can only be seen with hacks.
Throughout the game, the player needs to keep constant watch of their Stamina Meter, located in the bottom left corner of the screen. When the player runs by holding Left Shift as a heads-up display, the Stamina Meter begins to deplete. There are four ways to recover Stamina, which are:
- Stopping and waiting
- Eating an Energy Flavored Zesty Bar
- Completing a Notebook
- Playing jump rope with Playtime
However, it should be noted that running near the Principal of the Thing will land the player in detention, so caution should be taken while running. If the Stamina Meter is emptied, it will say "YOU NEED REST!" and the player won't be able to run, making them easier for Baldi to catch.
- Even though Playtime's game is jumping rope, which would seemingly consume energy, the player actually recovers Stamina while they are jumping rope. This might be due to the fact that you are standing still when you do the jump rope, and the developer did not program the jumping to use stamina.
- When the player has collected all 7 notebooks, Baldi is fast enough to catch up with the player even if they're sprinting.
- As of update 1.3, the player will no longer slow down when they run out of stamina. They just won't be able to run.
- In the earliest version there was a bug which caused the "YOU NEED REST!" text to not appear. This was fixed in V1.1.
|BSODA Machine • Death Screens • Doors • Endings • Inventory • Map • Noise Phone • OST • Pause Menu • Stamina • Tape Player • You Can Think! Pad™ • Zesty Machine|